Ball Metalpack, LLC (“Ball Metalpack,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy. We developed this Privacy Statement to explain how we collect, use, share, and protect Personal Information (defined below), and your choices about the collection and use of Personal Information.
This Privacy Statement applies to Personal Information collected or processed through https://www.ballmetalpack.com/, careers.ballmetalpack.com/, and any other Ball Metalpack-operated website or social media page that links to this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”).
As used in this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” is information that identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and online identifiers. This Section describes the Personal Information we collect through the Site. If you are a California resident, please see the additional information in “California Residents,” below.
Information You Provide
In general, you can visit this Site without telling us who you are or otherwise submitting Personal Information. There are portions of this Site where we may need to collect Personal Information from you for a specific purpose, such as to provide you with certain information you request.
- If you submit a contact request, we will need information to respond to your request, including contact information and an inquiry.
- If you apply for employment, you may submit resumes and cover letters to us and our affiliates for consideration. Ball Metalpack and its affiliates will use this information only for employment and related purposes and will handle this information in accordance with its Human Resources policies. Information submitted will not be returned to the applicant and will be retained by Ball Metalpack.
- If you intend to visit our premises, we may ask you to complete a questionnaire (e.g., our Covid-19 screening questionnaires) on the Site for purposes of helping to ensure the health and safety of you, other visitors, and our employees.
Information Automatically Collected
Our web servers collect and log the domain names and IP addresses of visitors to our Site as well as the date and time and duration of each visit and the pages viewed. However, we do not routinely collect visitors’ email addresses.
In addition, we may use a technology called “cookies” to help analyze the use of our Site. A “cookie” is a set of data that a web site server stores on your computer. Cookies enable web sites to recognize your computer and to “remember” your entries as you move from page to page, or even when you revisit the Site from time to time using the same computer. With most internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your hard drive, block all cookies or receive a notice before a cookie is stored. The instructions for your browser will tell you how to do this. If you reject cookies, the functionality of this site may be limited, and you may not have access to certain features.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’s processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
Use of Collected Information
We use Personal Information the following purposes:
- Analyzing, administering, and improving the Site;
- Responding to inquiries;
- Protecting our rights or our property;
- Meeting legal obligations; and
- For other purposes described to you at the point of collection.
We will not disclose Personal Information except as set forth in this Privacy Statement or with your consent. This section describes to whom we disclose Personal Information and for what purposes:
- Our Affiliates. We disclose Personal Information with our affiliates to the extent necessary for us to use the Personal Information for the purposes described above.
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating the Site (e.g., analytics services) or providing our products and services.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
Links to Other Sites
Ball Metalpack’s Site may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other sites.
Security of Collected Information
We maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access. We restrict access to information about you to those Ball Metalpack workers who need to know the information to respond to your inquiry or request. Worker who misuse personal information are subject to disciplinary action.
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Access to Collected Information
You may review and update the information that you submit to us through this Site by contacting us as described below. We will respond to requests in accordance with applicable law.
If you are a California resident, please see, “California Residents,” below.
Types of Personal Information Subject to California Privacy Law
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
- Certain categories of Personal Information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80, including medical information (limited to questionnaire responses necessary to help protect health and safety of our employees and visitors);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website; and
- Professional or employment-related information (if you apply for a job).
We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary to provide their services and as otherwise described above. We have not sold any Personal Information in the 12 months preceding the Effective Date of this Privacy Statement.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the California, you also have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request information on the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your personal information.
- Right to Delete. You have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact (or have your authorized agent contact) us using the contact details provided below. When doing so, please tell us which right you are exercising and provide us with contact information to direct our response.
Note to Job Applicants: Under California law, information collected and used in connection with a job application is exempt from the rights stated above. Therefore, to help prevent the unauthorized access or deletion of Personal Information, we may decline any requests to access or delete Personal Information collected from job applicants. We will treat all such information as confidential and dispose of it in accordance with our retention policy.
Applicable Web Sites
This site is not intended for persons under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from or about children and we do not knowingly market our products or services to children.
Changes to Privacy Practices
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we do update it, we will make the updated statement available on this page. Information you provide will be governed by the version of the Privacy Statement in effect at the time you submit the information.
Last updated: 7/30/2020
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement or would like to exercise rights under applicable law, please contact us at:
Phone: +1 720-899-4900